My images tend to depict environments with unlikely inhabitants, or inhabitants in unlikely environments. These mischievous juxtapositions are attempting to make statements on the human condition, either politically, physically or spiritually.
I want the viewer to be challenged and amused by this mixture of the macabre and the playful.
Court Tree Gallery, Goya in Tijuana, Selected Paintings by Tony Geiger
Group exhibits include:
• Sidney Mishkin Gallery, Baruch College, Small Works/Baruch/2018
• Sideshow Nation VI: The Greatest Show on Earth, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
• Sidney Mishkin Gallery, Baruch College, Small Works/Baruch/2017
• Sideshow Nation V: Thru the Rabbit Hole 2, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
• Sidney Mishkin Gallery, Baruch College, Small Works/Baruch/2016
• Art Basel Satellite, Miami Projects, curated by Claudine Maidique
• Islip Art Museum, IAM Pocket Sized, curated by Rhonda Cooper
• Sidney Mishkin Gallery, Baruch College, Small Works/Baruch/2015
• Sideshow Gallery, Nation II: At the Alamo, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
• The Gowanus Loft, CURRENT: Gowanus, curated by Benjamin Sutton
• Accepted into The Drawing Center’s Viewing Program
• Gowanus Loft, painting featured in Photographic Monument
• Barbican Centre, London, Creative Cities Collection–– Olympic Fine Arts
• Staten Island Museum, Juried Art 2012
• Holiday Inn and Space Realty Group (double venue), LIC, NY, Words Become Air
• Ceres Gallery, Chelsea, No Non-Essential Conversations Below 10,000 Feet
• El Taller Latino Americano, NYC, Painting the Americas, North and South of the Border
• St. Joseph’s College, Brooklyn, Waves of Change, juried exhibition
• Space Realty Group, LIC, NY, for LICArtists, Inc.,TRANS-POSITIONS, curated by Judith Tolnick Champa
In 2007 The New York Times Book Review published my illustration for the novel The Exception.
I received my BFA from the School of Visual Arts. My studio is in Gowanus, Brooklyn.