My images tend to depict environments with unlikely inhabitants, or inhabitants in unlikely environments. These mischievous juxtapositions are attempting to make statements on the human condition, either politically, physically or spiritually.
I want the viewer to be challenged and amused by this mixture of the macabre and the playful.
• Court Tree Gallery, Goya in Tijuana, Selected Paintings by Tony Geiger
Group exhibits include:
• Friday Studio Gallery, Happy New Fear, Bushwick, New York
• Court Tree Gallery, The Great Paper Show: Group Exhibition
• Sidney Mishkin Gallery, Baruch College, Small Works/Baruch/2018
• Sideshow Nation VI: The Greatest Show on Earth, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
• Sidney Mishkin Gallery, Baruch College, Small Works/Baruch/2017
• Sideshow Nation V: Thru the Rabbit Hole 2, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
• Sidney Mishkin Gallery, Baruch College, Small Works/Baruch/2016
• Art Basel Satellite, Miami Projects, curated by Claudine Maidique
• Islip Art Museum, IAM Pocket Sized, curated by Rhonda Cooper
• Sidney Mishkin Gallery, Baruch College, Small Works/Baruch/2015
• Sideshow Gallery, Nation II: At the Alamo, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
• The Gowanus Loft, CURRENT: Gowanus, curated by Benjamin Sutton
• Accepted into The Drawing Center’s Viewing Program
• Gowanus Loft, painting featured in Photographic Monument
• Barbican Centre, London, Creative Cities Collection–– Olympic Fine Arts
• Staten Island Museum, Juried Art 2012
• Holiday Inn and Space Realty Group (double venue), LIC, NY, Words Become Air
• Ceres Gallery, Chelsea, No Non-Essential Conversations Below 10,000 Feet
• El Taller Latino Americano, NYC, Painting the Americas, North and South of the Border
• St. Joseph’s College, Brooklyn, Waves of Change, juried exhibition
• Space Realty Group, LIC, NY, for LICArtists, Inc.,TRANS-POSITIONS, curated by Judith Tolnick Champa
In 2007 The New York Times Book Review published my illustration for the novel The Exception.
I received my BFA from the School of Visual Arts. My studio is in Gowanus, Brooklyn.